7.29.2011

HOGWARTS REALM


As some of you may or may not know, I love Harry Potter and have done since I was about six years old. I still read the books religiously and also look after my almost six year old Harry Potter RPG forum, Hogwarts Realm. Once upon a time it was one of the most active Harry Potter RPGs on the net but unfortunately a few years back I got a life and everything went down hill, so I was hoping to try and get it back on track again! If anyone can lend a helping hand by maybe posting a link or an advertisement banner, or even just mentioning it to some Harry Potter loving friends I'd be so happy! I may even give those that help a little promotion here on my blog as a thank you!

If you're interested in joining then here's some information about the plot and some useful links! I've also written a how-to manual here on my tumblr and also theres another one on HR here.

Hogwarts Realm
[image]
Its the year 2027, Harry Potter and his friends are all in their forties. Professor Dumbledore passed away at the ripe age of 176 and now Lavender Finnegan has been appointed Headmistress of Hogwarts for her loving and caring ways, which may be needed in the times to come
A strange concoction, said to subdue Manticores and other dangerous magical creatures was being created for use in court rooms for the Department of Regulation and Control of Magical Creatures, however, something went wrong. The wizards and witches who created to potion breathed in fumes from the potion and unbelievably lost their magic. This would be an ok thing to get over in the Wizarding World if it was only those few potioners, but now the malady is spreading, to what is supposedly the entire magical world. Some are immune but many aren't and those that aren't are losing their magic left right and center. The Ministry is doing what it can but nothing seems to be working, how will we find the cure?!
What will happen to the witches and wizards of the world now they are infected with The Curse of the Squib?
// THE RULES // THE SORTING HAT // CANON LIST //
// MINISTRY OF HOGWARTS POSITIONS // HOGWARTS STAFF POSITIONS //
// HOGWARTS VILLAGE JOBS // MAGICAL ABILITIES // PLOT //
// CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT // FACECLAIMS // ADVERTISE // AFFILIATE //
// WHAT DO I DO FIRST? // WELCOME BOARD //
// WILLENGARDD HOUSE TRAITS //

hogwarts realm is a 5 year old traditional harry potter roleplay with 200,000+ posts!

we're trying to keep the old type of hogwarts roleplay alive.
canon and original characters are welcome and we have other hidden boards available to registered members including the ministry and hogwarts village!
im new ! what do i do to start off ?!

Thank you to anyone who helps make HR more active again! <3

Also, I thought I'd let you all know I've been taking some photos for ebay today! Not that I've uploaded anything yet but I should be doing so soon!

1 comment:

  1. oh god, I was just looking for a HP RP forum to join :)
    I would be very glad to help. I'll just mention it around facebook, tumblr, twitter and my blog :D
    I'm surely going to join it as well!

    Oh and the whole idea of the curse is genius :)

    xx,
    http://hairsinthewind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete