1.15.2011

You were working as a waitress in a cocktail bar




This is what I wore today, a blouse from the charity shops, primark velvet skirt and dark pink ribbed tights which are also from primark. I think I wear too much velvet, although, I'm not sure if thats a good or bad thing. I think half of my wardrobe is made up of velvet, wow, imagine a velvet wardrobe.



I've had quite a few messages today about what product I used for my pink fringe. I used a spray on hair colour which washes straight out without you having to be worried about it staining or basically just not washing out, which means its perfect for me as I can't have un-nautral hair colours for work.

I went out today after work and bought the red and blue to add to my collection. They also come in little tubes of gel which I think is more suitable for those with short hair. I bought mine from Superdrug, but they also stock them in Boots and I saw a similar range in Wilkinson. I bought my pink spray years ago when I had black hair hoping that it would make my hair pink, which it didn't, it just looked all weird with bits of flakey pink-ness so I would advise that if you're going to buy some you only do so if you have light hair, because you might be a little disappointed. You can see the whole range here. Also it sometimes its rubs off on your face haha! Last night I lifted up my fringe and underneath my skin was bright pink!

30 comments:

  1. Amazing outfit. Absolutely adore your glasses! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. swear your absolutely BLOODY BRILLIANT!
    your hair looks amazing with that bow in x

    im having an Alexander Wang esque studded bag giveaway on my blog if you think youd like too look hon! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous outfit!
    What do you work as? :]

    Sharon
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love this outfit! ♥
    Amazing colour scheme and mix of textures and patterns :)

    Hannah
    xxx

    http://wheresreginald.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this whole look so much! You are killing me though I need to how you do your hair like this, it is absolutely perfection.
    (I know you don't divulge your secret though, I understand)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww I really love ur hair :)
    ur blog is awesome:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. you really know how to work colour! i have such a monochromatic colour palette! i love your outfit :)

    aindrea from RAGS
    XXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. aww you loook so gorgeous! i'm in love with your blouse and the velvet skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your shirt,it's so gorgeous! You can never have to much velvet, I'm still building my relatively small collection - so great that apparently everyone who shops at Primark hates velvet so they put it all on sale for like £3! :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have no idea how much i loved these outfit pictures. you look incredibly cute, the blouse is gorgeous and goes perfectly with the velvet skirt. and that colourful scarf gives the final touch, i love it! i seriously need to go to primark asap to buy some clothes

    ReplyDelete
  11. great outfit, the colour/pattern combination is amazing!
    x
    thecurlyhead.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. You look adorable! And I love this outfit, I too, have this skirt :) & I'm very envious of your pink fringe...

    www.candycoatedfashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. aaah Kaya you look awesome! I adore how you style yourself and i loive how happy you look here! Really refreshing to see soemone who looks like theyre having fun and loves colour - yay!
    I use stargazer for my hair, I bleach it first tho. I tried the gel of this range and it was awful, it never dried!
    anyways, dont worry about the velvet, its on trend so make the most of it.
    P.s my dads always complaining that its not fair that men cant easily get away with wearing velvet and wishes he lived during henry8th reign to have experienced it. so there haha
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. damn! Totally wanted to try it but I have naturally black hair! I love the pink fringe it looks sweet

    xx

    sftrend

    ReplyDelete
  15. wauw amazing, love your style!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You are so cute! Love your hair.

    http://the-aili.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. fabulous post - loving the pics x

    ReplyDelete
  18. You are amazing!)
    love it!

    http://christinabarcelona.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amazing outfit, I love color.
    How do you make this killer hairstyle? I wish I have the same hair than you

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gadness !
    I love your blog, & your photographs.
    & your style ! So original & colorful !
    Absolutely divine.

    ReplyDelete
  21. ahhhhh so i love your hair first of all. but also, i know you did a makeup tutorial a while back but it looks like you do your eye makeup differently now, and its SO stunning. give us a few tips?? also, (haha once again) i know you already said that you wouldnt divulge your secret of how you put up your hair in a scarf, butttt im begging you, im dying to know! :( plus i dont think anyone could pull it off as well as you, so whats to be afraid of?
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. wonderful outfit!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Can you pleeeaaaaasee do a tutorial to this hairstyle?

    ReplyDelete
  24. this is your best post ! I love you ! You have got most beautiful hairstyle and face ;) ♥

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your hair is amazing :) do you think the pink spray would cover a whole head of hair?

    ReplyDelete